Saturday, April 26, 2008

Update on us

A few years ago my dad noticed that I had this lump on the base of my neck, and whenever someone would touch it, I would feel like I was going to throw up. Well the other night I got up off the floor after playing with Emily and heard a pop in my neck and then felt horriable pain, so I went to the chiro on thursday. He took x-rays and found I have Cervical spondylosis, he is hoping to give me some temp relief from the pain and then have me go to Salt Lake for a second opinion and if that Doc agrees we will start getting set up for surgery I guess.

What is Cervical spondylosis you ask? Well it's a disorder caused by abnormal wear on the cartilage and bones of the neck (cervical vertebrae) with degeneration and mineral deposits in the cushions between the vertebrae (cervical disks). He said it could have been caused by a car wreck I had years ago and had whiplash or it could in the same family of what my mom has wrong with her back. I have lost the feeling in the last two fingers of my left hand as well.

Emily is getting really excited about her dance recital in a little over a week. Her hair things came today and we pick up her costume next week! I can't wait! Oh I mean she can't wait!

We bought a little camper and can't wait to use it this summer, it's not much but it gets us out of the tent.

Andrew and Emily have just a little over a month left of school, and then Emily will be all ready for Kindergarten and Andrew will be ready for high school. How crazy is that!

No comments: